Join Bridge Winners
All comments by Mario Fonzo
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
if they made it easy for you to achieve would it really mean as much?”

You mean like becoming a LM?

Actually, think about that. The very title “Life Master” conjures up ideas like that it's some sort of Lifetime Achievement Award for long standing excellence at something.

I guess it used to really mean something like that once upon a time.
July 30, 2015
Mario Fonzo edited this comment July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
What was this 74 year old's issue, for those of us who do not receive an ACBL Bulletin?
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Michael Shuster posted the first and most succinct comment to this entire thread.
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Shite happens
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
And there isn't a one of us who doesn't thank their lucky stars daily that such is the case.
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Well, Leo the Lion fares pretty damned well :)
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
EJ, and if he did, he'd be correct in this instance.
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Are you saying that GIB would assume his partner had psyched? Seems a stretch.
July 30, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
:) right you are. i'll add it to the mix
July 29, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Hells Bells, guys… nobody can even determine yet what regular “standard” is much less what “expert standard” might be.
July 29, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Hi Mike,

This was a poll to determine if others believed that not to raise was a “crime” against bridge - The only crime I was addressing was the one of failing to raise a partner on this auction with that holding. I guess we can see that 91% of responders agreed that it was. That's about as decisive as one could hope to achieve in one of these polls. An additional 8% say that they themselves would raise - bringing the total who would raise to 99%. I agree with them.

By the way, South's hand was KJ854, Q84, AJ9, Q9.
July 29, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Would your viewpoint change much if it were 5-4-1-3 hand instead?
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Bidding responsibly is it's own reward.
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Good eye. Actually, who could ever have imagined that East held:

KQJ84, T, T, AQ9652

July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Heh. Oversight on my part to leave out the double.
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
If you are reticent to force to game with two five card suits headed by the ace and one of them with a 10-9 kicker opposite a strong opening NT, what is the world coming to?

Kaplan and Rubens hand evaluator puts this at 12.75, by the way.
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
I was certain that by now, given the title of this poll, someone would have posted a comment like “Nobody was responsible, they were both irresponsible!”
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
There must be several good choices in the Yiddish vocabulary to cover things like this. It's such an expressive language, and it seems to have words that fit just such situations so perfectly.
July 28, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Glad you abstained so respectfully.
July 27, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
It's just interesting to me the variance in how people view the same thing. Not blaming partner is a very nice attribute to possess.
July 27, 2015
.

Bottom Home Top