Join Bridge Winners
All comments by Simon Harrison
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
That was my idea!
Nov. 14, 2018
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Committees are not great at coherent thinking.
Oct. 12, 2018
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
As in many areas of life while there is on average no difference. men have a higher standard deviation of performance.
Feb. 7, 2017
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
In old money, 2H shows a sub minimum hand.
Jan. 29, 2017
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Bridge is essentially a game of probabilities. Say for instance the worst distribution is a 1% chance and the second worst a 4% chance you will have prohibited a 95% action. If you have to regulate these bids base them on probability.
Jan. 12, 2017
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
When I was young I went to see my uncle who was a lawyer to see if I should join the profession. He asked me a few questions and I gave a couple of smart answers. My uncle looked at me and said this. “ The law is there to protect people from an injustice” the implication being that it was not there to play games with. Far too many people nowadays treat the law as vehicle with which to play games.
Jan. 8, 2017
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
One of the governors might be a bridge player, a social appeal can be less cumbersome than a legal challenge.
Oct. 24, 2016
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
A victory for practical decision making and good to see.
Oct. 4, 2016
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
A high risk/return position, I would double in some circumstances.
June 29, 2016
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
I guess sexism or perceived sexism will be around as long as sex.
June 28, 2016
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Zia said , if you have 2 aces you have too much defence for a normal weak 2
March 18, 2016
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Girl/boy topics are such great fun.I hope we never find a solution!
Nov. 5, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
I think that overall we must look to speed up play and avoid this sort of situation.6/7 minutes thinking time is ridiculous; a maximum one minute would seem about right too me.
Oct. 14, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
The allegations industry is a huge problem outside the world of bridge.I feel sure that Boye knows this and it's implications for bridge.
Boye is our leader here , let him decide how far this goes.
Sept. 26, 2015
Simon Harrison edited this comment Sept. 26, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
The sinner that repents should be a cause for great joy.
Sept. 19, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Bridge is primarily a social game and I for one would not wish to de humanise it. We should abandon screens, encourage our players to perform in a controlled manner and play at a prompt pace. We have been lulled by screens into a false sense of security. Let us try the old fashioned approach of openness decency and ethics.
Sept. 14, 2015
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Double might be a reasonable gamble playing matchpoints.
Aug. 25, 2014
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
This is a good problem.The risk in spades is heart ruffs and in notrumps is a club lead.With plenty of HCPs I think the risk of ruffs is greater hence 3NT.
June 24, 2013
Simon Harrison edited this comment June 24, 2013
You are ignoring the author of this comment. Click to temporarily show the comment.
Rules are there to ensure fair play.Only when someone is damaged should directors refer to the rules for guidance.
March 22, 2012
.

Bottom Home Top