Join Bridge Winners

Bridge Winners Profile for Kai-Ching Lin

Kai-Ching Lin
Kai-Ching Lin
  • 15
    Following
  • 22
    Followers
  • 2
    Posts
  • 0
    Favorites

Basic Information

Member Since
Feb. 1, 2012
Last Seen
4 hours ago
Member Type
Bridge Player
about me

Ex-mathematician. I play an Optional Relay Precision - To Relay or Not to Relay is the question.  

Country
United States of America

Bridge Information

BBO Username
klin
ACBL Ranking
None
Sorry, this user has no cards yet.
Walsh: Perfect for Discovering Weak 4-3 Major Contracts not Strong 6-4 Minor Ones..
Phil - So Martian Standard is the tool you "unearth" the massive diamond fit? :) I don't think catching up is a serious problem after the hand type (1- or 2-suited) has been identified. Yes, strength should be the next most important message opener should communicate. And this is done at ...
6C or Not?
Henry, thank you for the appreciation and kind words. I'll give it a try when I get through the busy cycle at work.
Walsh: Perfect for Discovering Weak 4-3 Major Contracts not Strong 6-4 Minor Ones..
I guess you could. There is also so much space in 1-1//1NT. On the other hand, I find transfer rebids, starting with 1NT, are very easy to use...
6C or Not?
1 - 1 1NT - 2 2 - Pass I termed 2 as a game-forcing puppet just for simplicity.
6C or Not?
If responder can describe his hand as 5=1=4=3, isn't it easier for opener to judge which game is better (3NT, 4, 5) or even a slam? One way to do this naturally after the 1NT rebid is as follows: 1- 1 1NT ...
Walsh: Perfect for Discovering Weak 4-3 Major Contracts not Strong 6-4 Minor Ones..
There are perhaps two ways of solving this. 1. If you play short club and transfer Walsh, in which accepting the transfer shows a weak NT, then opener's direct 1NT can show 18-19 balanced. So the auction can go: 1 (can be short) - 1 (spades) 1NT (18-19 ...
One Spade - Two Diamonds (Hearts)
Over the years, I have found that using one bid, 2, to cover long hearts with all ranges is too confusing - even in a big club setting. So I now settle with 2 = weak (8-10, 6+ hearts) or strong (game-forcing, 5+ hearts). With an invitational strength, I jump ...
The Vacant Spaces Trap
Phillip, Thanks for the clarification. This certainly makes my answers different. After the first switch, my probability of winning is at 30%. The odds of the 3rd Queen in the remaining three cards (i.e. non-Queen and not my current card) is 70% = 100%-30%. Now the host turns over ...
The Vacant Spaces Trap
Phillip, (a) I don't follow you... (b) I would not switch again. My odds is now 9/10, as opposed to 1/10 if I switch.
The Vacant Spaces Trap
If Monty Hall happened to be a co-host and offered the contestant: 1) If she wanted to switch, after the two Queens were shown, to any card in the bottom row; and 2) If she wanted to switch, after the two Kings were further shown, to the last card in ...
.

Bottom Home Top