Join Bridge Winners
Alternatives to BBO for non-ACBL online games

I would like to gauge the interest in alternatives to BBO for non-ACBL games. (ACBL has an exclusive arrangement with BBO that prohibits other bridge websites from offering services for sanctioned games, save those sites that were grandfathered in, OKBridge and Swan.)

I have been running online duplicate games using my program, RSVP Bridge, for about 6 weeks now, primarily for some local active adult communities that had a strong bridge program. You can see some videos of how it works on my YouTube channel. In addition to the play, the website also manages reservations, payment, and email communication to the membership. For face-to-face games, it offers electronic scoring at the table via smart phones and tablets.

RSVP Bridge has an interface to Discord, which provides per-table voice and/or video chat, with players moved automatically to the correct voice channel for each hand played.

So far the feedback has been very positive, with many players saying they prefer playing online in RSVP over BBO.

So my question is… do your clubs run non-sanctioned games, and if so, would they be interested in such a program? I could also see application for teaching bridge online.

If you would like to check it out, I would be happy to invite people to play in one of my games or to arrange a demo.

thanks,

Brenda

9 Comments
Getting Comments... loading...

Bottom Home Top